Monday, September 10, 2007

S(u)p(p)orting Limerick

Well, the west is awake. Back from three years in brilliant Japan, and after a brief stay with the family and a couple of nights in Tullamore Byoin with a bit o' illness, I am now ensconced in Limerick city. The new abode, Nash Homes, is comfortable, though I don't yet know my neighbours, the area, the students at MIC UL, or my address. Will be hoping to get stuck in here - play a bit of hurling, plenty of music, and spend a good bit of time down by the Shannon. There was no summer to speak of here in Eire this year, so I wouldn't have profited by coming home any earlier.
Happy to say that Limerick seems to be a cool town, although the service I got from the auctioneers I dealt with varied from very decent (Kim) to very bad (Gary). Three trains out of here a day isn't great either, and those of us who refuse to seat ourselves in the car, pollution, rip-off insurance, rip-off multi-national petrol company rig will have a hard time getting further than Ennis. Still, maybe that's not a bad thing. The mountain did, after all, go to Moses...didn't it?
Ireland sneaked by Namibia last night, and to be honest, I felt for the team. I have issues with some of the team, as they got a lot of my tax-dollars to head out there and represent me, and they didn't really deliver. They seemed stuck in having been psychologically prepared for a big game, and thus forgot to relax and take it easy. It's easy for me to say that staring at the telly, as I didn't have my nose to the grindstone, but as far as I am concerned, unlike France, we won our first game. That's all that matters. Slip-ups happen to the best of us, and they will improve.
Nil a lan nuacht eile agam ag an pointe seo, ach ta suil agam go mbeidh griangrafanna nua le feiceal anseo i gceann tamall beag. Ta na riomhaire sa colaiste an tapaidh, agus mar sin, ta suil agam myspace page a togail, agus an blog seo a coimead ur le scealta, craic agus ceol (bhuel - visual ceol in aon chor!) Matane!

No comments: